Tuesday 6 March 2012

I've Been Dinad?

Just spent a brilliant three days at AFTH taking a workshop with the fabulous Dina Wakley.  I wasn't booked to go on this workshop, but my very good friend, my bestist friend, my gorgeous friend (enough with the grovelling) Christine, is ill and was unable to go, so guess who she gave her place to.....moi and boy am I grateful.  I've been on one of Dina's workshops before and if you get the chance, please go, you'll not regret it.  Here are some pics of what we did, mine isn't finished yet, still more to do


Front of book










We painted, texture pasted, inked, stamped on tissue paper, stencilled, stuck, glued until we were exhausted, but boy did we laugh.

If you want to know more about what we did take a look at my friend Sandy Poppins blog, her drawings are brilliant, and you'll see a picture of me with one of Lady Dy's headscarves on, can't  remember why she put it on me, but everyone thought it suited me, can't see it myself, lol.

I've had a bit of a bad back for a few weeks, and although I did manage over the weekend, on Sunday night I was in agony.  Been to doctors this morning and I've pulled a muscle, what a bummer, still keep calm and carry on as they say.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous inky pieces, looks like you had great fun and the results are wonderful. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad for Christine missing out but lucky for you! Glad you had a good time - apart from your back! Off to see you in a headscarf now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - scrolling down those piccies was amazing - such a zing a vibrant colour - I really notice how fab yours looked while we were there (too busy laughing ...er I mean working on my art... ahem!) It looks fabulous Ann - your dancing queen looks great - you know I stuck mine upside down? I blame you for making me laugh so much! Hope your back improves quickly... big hugeroonies x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky where you Ann and what beautiful work such vibrant colours! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff! Looks like a lot of fun, those pages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, wonderful work and I can only imagine how much fun you had. Keep it up. Hope you soon feel much better, too - nothing like a bad back to make you miserable - take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great time was had I feel very envious in fact I am green. Fantastic art work and can't wait to see it in real life. I think the headscarf suits you too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the vibrant punchy colours hope you are feeling better soon x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this all looks ab fab. so gald you had a great weekend. I know I would have enjoyed it do hope she will be able to return SOOOOOOON. x c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a weekend...laughed until my sides hurt, slapped paint about with abandon and thoroughly enjoyed the company of you gorgeous ladies I shared a table with. Thanks for being such good company Ann, you were fab. Ps, the scarf really did suit you and was also very useful in covering up your soup spill... :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha the headscarf was because you wouldnt shut up, you were having an Ena Sharples day !!!
    Your book is looking fabulous darling. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure which suits you more the headscarf or the orange net haha! Yes, I've seen the headscarf picture :-)
    I was dead jell seeing you all creating with Dina on Friday, and I LOVE what you made, it looks fab. Hope your back gets better soon. Byee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous art work, love the colorful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann,
    You obviously had a fab time. Love that face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful time we all had. Think the headscarf really suited you!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omigoodness - this looks like such a FAB class! Think I've got journal envy ... loving your pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message, I really appreciate you taking the time and love reading them.